About Dr. Farley
Board Certified, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery. Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
Dr. Zachary Farley is a foot and ankle surgeon whose goal is to improve the quality of life of his patients. He enjoys doing this through compassionate care, fine attention to detail and listening closely to his patients.
Dr. Farley attended the University of North Florida in Jacksonville where he received his Bachelor of Science degree in 2010. He then went on to receive his Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine in 2014 from Kent State University. Dr. Farley then completed an extensive three-year surgical residency in trauma and reconstructive surgery of the foot and ankle at Advent Health (Formerly known as Florida Hospital) in Orlando, FL, where he served as chief resident.
Dr. Farley received comprehensive training in the conservative and surgical management of conditions affecting the foot and ankle. Dr. Farley specializes in treatment of foot and ankle trauma, primary and revision total ankle joint replacement (TAR), extensive reconstruction of the forefoot and hindfoot, external fixation, diabetic limb preservation, sports medicine, as well as arthroscopic techniques for minimally invasive foot and ankle procedures.
In addition, Dr. Farley has helped advance the profession through publications, as well as nationally attended lectures and conferences. He is an active member of multiple professional organizations in the field of foot and ankle surgery.
When Dr. Farley is not in the office or operating room, he maintains a very active lifestyle. He enjoys doing activities outdoors such as fishing, hunting, hiking and golfing. Most of all he loves spending time with his wife Rachel, daughter Emma and son Carson.
- Podiatric Surgical Residency, Advent Health (Formerly Florida Hospital) Orlando, FL
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine, Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine
- Undergraduate Studies University of North Florida
- American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgeons – Member
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons – Fellow
- American Podiatric Medical Association – Member
- Georgia Podiatric Medical Association – Member
- Florida Podiatric Medical Association – Member
- Northeast Georgia Medical Center (Braselton and Gainesville Locations)
- Piedmont Walton Hospital
- Piedmont Rockdale Hospital
- Northside Forsyth Hospital
Publications and Presentations:
- “Arthroscopic treatment of soft tissue impingement of the ankle” published in Clinics in Podiatric Medicine & Surgery. 2016 Authors: Amber Shane, DPM, FACFAS, Chris Reeves, DPM, FACFAS, Ryan Vazales, DPM, Zach Farley, DPM
- “From Fusion to Flexion” – A tibio-talar nonunion converted to Total Ankle Replacement. Science and Management Symposium (SAM) 2017. Author: Zach Farley, DPM
- “Correction of non-union in a failed first metatarsal-phalangeal joint arthrodesis using calcaneal autograft” poster presentation 75th ACFAS symposium. Authors: Ryan Vazales, DPM AACFAS, Zach Farley, DPM AACFAS, Zach Cavins, DPM, Amber Shane, DPM FACFAS
- “Cortical bone window combined with application of allograft and plate and screw fixation for surgical resection of distal fibula aneurysmal bone cyst in a pediatric patient” poster presentation 75th ACFAS symposium. Authors: Ryan Vazales, DPM AACFAS, Zach Farley, DPM AACFAS, Paul Thurston, DPM AACFAS